Fr. Charles Corrigan, (Prefect of Students) went with our students to visit the church of the Most Precious Blood in Edmonton.
This church has important connections with the Redemptorists. The parish was founded by the Redemptorists in 1904 and we stayed there until 1926. During that time we built the church and the Monastery.
The church has a beautiful shrine to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour and devotion to her continues in the parish.
Above the wall near the sacristy are the names of all the Redemptorists who died while serving in the parish.
The Monastery reminded us of our Monastery in Perth and like all our Redemptorist houses has a small tribune looking on to the high altar. During our time in Edmonton we were asked by the Cardinal to look after the Catholics in Ponders End.
At that time Ponders End was a small country village with few Catholics and the small tin Chapel which we built is now replaced by a proper church. We were there for 12 years before a diocesan priest was appointed. Fr. Yates who ran this mission was called by the people the Bishop of Ponders End. To the left is the church of the Most Precious Blood which has been extended after we left the parish.